Re: Redline be comin out the cv boot...

PC Handyman wrote:

>     Well, I guess I'll have a look tomorrow, any ideas as to how this can
> happen? My boot is cracked, and the fluid coming out is gear oil! My tranny is
> bone dry. I hope everything is ok. I don't think I drove it very far like that.
> I guess the cv is probably ok though... it's been getting plenty of lube.
>
> -Noah

'Chu gotta leak in the drive flange area me thinks. I'd not be to happy
about the CV joint too soon though- The thick and nasty CV joint grease
is way different property wise compared to the tranny fluid. It (the
redline) might have 'washed' the CV grease out and let it grind a bit.

I'm kinda scared to install the redline I have until I have better than
the 4 speed to use as a back up.

TBerk