Re: fleecing of automobile owners

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 07:22:16PM -0700, Daun Yeagley wrote:

> Ok...   so what do I start checking out first?  My '88
> sometimes pings pretty good under full throttle, and I run
> Shell 93 exclusively.

First, make sure your car is not running hot, and that the sparkplugs are
of the correct heat range....

If these are both ok, I would suspect carbon buildup either in the
combustion chamber or on the piston face.

Then start looking at electronic components... Check the knock sensor per
the Bentley procedure, check the Hall sensor, etc.

Dan