2.0L 16V with cis-e?

How well does CIS-E support the upgrade to a 2.0L bottom end?

I finally got around to my 16V motor.  I'm tearing it down and going
to start getting it ready for rebuild and began wondering...I have all
of the CIS-E electronics and wiring.  The chances of me finding
another car with motronic and being able to afford it at this point is
slim.  Other than being chip-able, does Motronic make that big of a
difference in the performance of the 16V engine?  Sure it would be
nice to use motornic instead of CIS-E, but would it really be
practicle at this point when I already have everything I need to do
the CIS-E 16V swap, to try and find everything I need to use
motronic?
                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm