Re: exhaust manifold

> Ok, i have heard that in pre 81 rabbits or something
> like that, the 4-
> 2 exhasut manifold can be used to replace the
> horrible 4 into 1 that
> i have on my 86 8valve. My question, is exactly what
> years of
> rabbit can be used, do they need to be deisel? Is
> there a reason
> that the dual outlet exhaust manifold from an a2 can
> not be used?
> Also, do i need a special downpipe to connect with
> the cat? Can I
> use the one from that rabbit, or do i need to get as
> pecial one?
> Also, is the manifold that i get out of the rabbit
> the same as the
> "euro manifold" or is it smaller than the one that i
> could order from
> TT, or is it the same.

I was planning on doing this on 86 also, but I bitched
out because of lack of funds. It's hard to find a
manifold that isn't cracked, but if it's weldable,
then it's all good. Get your hands on one those, call
TT and order the dual downpipe (you can have a cat or
no cat) and then top it off with a Sport Tuned
exhuast. You'll
be flying after that. From what I hear the difference
between headers and the dual manifold in negligable.

===
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v (Ready to Roll :)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/