A couple of goofball warning light/alarm questions

I'm new to the scirocco world, so bear with me.  I've learned a lot from
this list already (3 weeks), so I thought I'd throw these questions
out.  The temp warning light on my 82 8v has a mind of its own.  will
come on and stay on any old time-- cold start, after an hour of steady
driving, with temp needle just shy of 3/4(?) and will occasionally send
out a morse code message only the more intelligent than I could
read/understand.  Bad sending unit?  Where the fk is it?   Question 2:
Oil pressure warning flasher/buzzer does something similar.  Especially
when the outside temp is hot (75-up), it will come on.  Also, I've
noticed that it will come on with harder acceleration/quick gear
shifting.  Does this sound like another sending unit snafu, or oil pump,
or what?  Will come on and go away when it decides to.  Thanks for any
suggestions to these goofy questions.  Jeff