Re: Steering Wheel removal

--- MarkThomas <scirocco.gt@virgin.net> wrote:
> As the subject says I'm planning on removing the steering wheel.
> It isn't centred properly and I want every part of the car to be just right.
> Is there anything I should be careful of when removing it?
> When replacing the wheel, does the nut have to be tightened to a specific
> torque setting?
> I don't have a torque wrench

Performing an R&R on the steering wheel my not solve your problem.  When the
car is aligned, the wheel is set in a "straight" position and the tie rods
adjusted accordingly.  Since the steering input shaft has x number of splines,
you can only adjust the wheel by a set number of degrees.  I tried that on my
racecar only to have the car re-aligned at a later date.

I don't know the actual torque spec for the steering wheel - vft (very f*cking
tight) is the spec that I use.

BTW, love the ISP name.
===
Matthew Yip