Re: Hydraulic lifter noise

Unless the oil in your car is really fresh I would suggest changing your oil and
adding the ATF in place of one quart of oil (you can use cheaper oil than normal,
clean oil is important thing).  I would also suggest running the car for more than 5
min. to get the best results, maybe 30 min.  Also I would run it a little higher than
idle to ensure that the oil pressure was up.  After this drain out the oil/atf
mixture and change the filter, add the oil of your choice and go for a drive. :-)

Bill Cawley
One time professional mechanic...now it's just a hobby.