Re: sad, sad day....

I don't recommend getting the recommended size easyout if you decide to
go this route.

I have done this and broke it off in the head.

I think it would be better to drill twice; the second time would be a
size just the same size as the broken stud. Then get an easyout in there
that's just that size, in other words one size bigger than recommended.

In this way you will have removed most all the broken stud, will have
only the threads to deal with and increase the chance the easyout will
not snap off.

hth,
TBerk