Re: Steering, brakes & intro

Ah yes brake lines.... oh joy. I hate brake lines : ) Sometimes I find
it's easier to cut a brake line in the middle (properly, with a pipe
cutter) and fabricate a new piece to attach to it yourself, rather than
dealing with all of the inevitably rusted nuts. If you have a flaring
tool and know how to use it, etc, this is the way to go, IMHO. But you
could also see if you can get the attachment apart at the rear axle where
that steel line attaches to the rubber hose. In any case, good luck.
	About the steering column... I had a problem like that once,
turned out that the ring out bearings had fallen down out of place and was
hanging around down near the bottom of the steering column. I was able to
shove them back up into place and everthing was fine... for about 5
seconds. I finally put a hose clamp on the steering column right below the
bearings to keep them in place. It was fine for about 30,000 miles until I
junked the car.
	Good luck!
	-Josiah