Re: feels like someone's pulling at my rear bumper!

No, actually I have rear drums.

Thanks though

-Aaron

At 12:55 AM 3/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Do the 8Vs have rear discs?  I can't remember if my 86 did or not.  But
>anyway, if you have rear discs, your calipers might be getting stuck.  I
>had a 92 GTI 16V last year that had a bad caliper.  It gave the feeling
>of something pulling at the rear of the car.
>
>-Mike
>92 Jetta GLI 16V
>88 Scirocco 16V
>90 Cabbie
>87 Cabbie  <---for sale in northern Utah - $2600 - pic available
>
>Aaron wrote:
>>
>> Only while trying to maintain a steady speed, I get an intermittent
feeling like the engine bogs down. Kind of like someone suddenly pulls at
my rear bumper. It's not severe, but I definitely feel it, as well as the
passenger.

>> Acceleration is smooth. Idle is pretty smooth (not perfect) kind
fluctuates slightly up and down periodically.. sometimes in rhythm.

>> Already replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, bad
electrical connections, warm-up regulator, checked vacuum lines, and
lowered idle RMPs to 900k.

>> Oh, fuel mileage is poor also... only around 19miles to the gallon...
used to get closer to 25 in the city.

majordomo@scirocco.org. If you experience other problems, email:
scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org