Re: feels like someone's pulling at my rear bumper!

Yes yes and yes... I think we have a winner!

I have never replaced the Oxy sensor since I've owned te car, but I have
reset the light on it 3 times.  So you're probably right about that.

High-end is lacking, as you mentioned.

but the fuel filter has been replaced already.

Thanks, I'll check this out.  Hopefully this will be a solution.

-Aaron

At 04:14 AM 3/26/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Oxy sensor? Probably just part of the problem, but a bad oxy sensor could
>cause bad gas mileage (almost always does), but probably not lack of
>power. Maybe a blocked cat. Are you short on high-end power? Does the
>powerband seem to stop at like 4000rpm? If so, you might have a blocked
>cat. Check the compression on your motor to see if it's in good shape to
>begin with. I'd also check the fuel filter.
>	Good luck!
>	-Josiah
>
>On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Aaron wrote:
>

>> Only while trying to maintain a steady speed, I get an intermittent
feeling like the engine bogs down.  Kind of like someone suddenly pulls at
my rear bumper.  It's not severe, but I definitely feel it, as well as the
passenger.

>> Acceleration is smooth.  Idle is pretty smooth (not perfect) kind
fluctuates slightly up and down periodically.. sometimes in rhythm.

>> Already replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, bad
electrical connections, warm-up regulator, checked vacuum lines, and
lowered idle RMPs to 900k.

>> Oh, fuel mileage is poor also...  only around 19miles to the gallon...
used to get closer to 25 in the city.