Re: Tired of crap on the list...

>i've never gotten into these discussions before, but i feel now is the time.
>Okay, I dont think this list has any real problem at all. Most messages ARE
>at least in some way pertaining to our VW's. Personally I _like_ reading
>most off topic posts because you get to know the people that make up our
>little virtual community a lot better. Face it: we all have to live with
>each other.
>And if you don't like reading off topic posts it takes seriously like 2 or
>3 SECONDS to scan through it, check the sender and delete it. At most. If a
>message comes up I dont really want to read-- it usually takes half a
>second to delete it. BFD.
>
>	I'd like to know how long you spent searching through the last few days
>messages to get that list of topics, not to mention writing them up in an
>e-mail. Nothing personal, mind you, but if you think the off-topic messages
>waste time, complaining about them takes about 1000+% more of your/our
>valuable time. My whole point is that I think they help in generating a
>sense of community here, and if you dont want to read them, it takes at
>MOST 10 or 20 seconds of your time a day to delete them. You spend a lot
>more time waiting at a stop light! chill
>
>Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!
>'81 Scirocco S 1.8l
>'80 Scirocco   0.0l

Gotta agree with Kevin here.  I like the idea of this being a community
of people, with common interests.  Within reason, I like seeing the
occasional non-100% on topic post from people.  Like Kevin very aptly
pointed out, it gives you a tiny insight into just who these people
are, and what kind of person they are.  Many of us have actually met
eachother, and don't mind the occasional 'left-of-center' comment or
comedy relief.  I blow through posts that don't interest me in literally
seconds, it's all part of being on the internet, and a virtual
community.  I do believe I'll stay. :-)

==Brett