Re: Tired of crap on the list...

i've never gotten into these discussions before, but i feel now is the time.
Okay, I dont think this list has any real problem at all. Most messages ARE
at least in some way pertaining to our VW's. Personally I _like_ reading
most off topic posts because you get to know the people that make up our
little virtual community a lot better. Face it: we all have to live with
each other.
And if you don't like reading off topic posts it takes seriously like 2 or
3 SECONDS to scan through it, check the sender and delete it. At most. If a
message comes up I dont really want to read-- it usually takes half a
second to delete it. BFD.

	I'd like to know how long you spent searching through the last few days
messages to get that list of topics, not to mention writing them up in an
e-mail. Nothing personal, mind you, but if you think the off-topic messages
waste time, complaining about them takes about 1000+% more of your/our
valuable time. My whole point is that I think they help in generating a
sense of community here, and if you dont want to read them, it takes at
MOST 10 or 20 seconds of your time a day to delete them. You spend a lot
more time waiting at a stop light! chill

At 10:35 PM 3/25/99 -0800, you wrote:
>OK people I don't like off topic posts anymore than anyone else but I
>gotta say something...
>
>I have a great idea everyone! I don't think every other message being
>off topic is enough, lets all see if we can post one of the following
>each day, that way it will take at least two hours to find any vw
>messages! Remember vw, that german company that makes the cars we
>drive?!?!?
>
>One message about honda's.
>One about the latest internet hoax. (9 times out of 10 it's obvious it's
>bull shit).
>One message about a cool completely unrelated web site.
>One please contact me I lost your e-mail address, one a day for a week.
>(print out your damn
>address book, I see this one all the time!)
>One regarding a "Rustang" or "Cumaro" (I hate these cars too, I just
>don't think it relates to my vw).
>One message with "no subject" in the subject field, gee I wonder wtf
>subject means!
>Two "test please ignore" messages per person whenever there is a slight
>problem. (try e-mailing a friend on the list to see if anything is wrong
>or post something relevant and see if you get a copy of it!).
>One message complaining about your mail server.
>One message defending off topic posts.
>One meaningless reply to an off topic post.
>
>Thank You. This is the first and last time I'll mention this. Let the
>flaming begin.
>
>Jason.
>87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.

Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!