Re: new scirocco

At 08:39 PM 3/24/99 +0000, you wrote:
>will the 8v ajustabl cable work. i looked at my 16v compard to my 8v
>and the 16v has a metal shield where is goes through the firewall and
>its at a weird bend, and the 16v one is a bit longer.....i would like
>to revert to the ajustable one as my 2nd gear grinds HORRIBLY,
>unless i sit on the clutch between shifts for about 3 seconds then it
>barely crunches...grrrr

I have a manually adjustable cable in my 16V. I am 99.9% sure it is the 8V
one.  You could probably ask the Potterman to make sure.

  The manually adjustable one went in no problem. Which was fortunate as I
was changing it out in a parking lot at noon on a 100+ degree day. I've
used it twice over the self adjusting one. I've never more than a year or
two of use out of my clutch cables, so I couldn't justify the big money for
the self adjusting one.

Brad