Re: 2.0liter Scirocco's from the factory... in 89???? in US????

Hi,

comments below

>At 05:02 AM 2/25/99 , the-mad-bastard@home.com wrote:
>>i think that your friend needs some clarification on the subject.  the
>>2.0 was never offered in an A1 16V, just the A2.  furthermore (and i'll
>>need some backup on this one) the 2.0 was never offered in europe.
>

> Hmmmm... well, I think we're all agreed on the fact that there were no 2.0
>engines in A1 cars, unless the Cabby had it.
>
> I've lost all of my "Road Test Digests" from auto, motor und sport due to
>friends who borrowed them without intent of returning.  I do, however,
>think that the 2.0 was offered in the A2 cars in Germany.
>
> I had a rivalry with one kid in my school, because his mom had a GTI
>Cabrio and my mom had an Opel Gsi Cabrio.  Golf (GTI) and Opel Kadett (GSi)
>drivers were mortal enemies, but I do remember spanking his ass in a little
>race once. :)  Anyways.....
>
> Opel had 2 versions of the GSi- the regular GSi and the GSi 16v.  The GSi
>had a 2.0 8v 4-cylinder that made 115hp.  The 16v was a 2.0 16v that put
>out 150hp.
>
> VW definitely also had two GTIs; the GTI and the GTI 16v.  I really,
>really thought that the GTI was a 2.0 as well... but now that I think about
>it, I'm not so sure.  This was back in 1992, so VW had already put Motronic
>and the 2.0 16v in the US Cars, so it was already in production.
>
> I know the GTI 16v put out 140hp.  Now, whether that's the 1.8 or the 2.0,
>I can't tell. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend in Germany I just
>called to find out.
>

> .............. HEY DIRK!?!? Was glaubst Du?

#Badesalz mode on
Worschtsupp? Mag I net !

my wife Tina had a 1990 GTi special.
It had 1.8 liter, just like all the other 8v and 16v
Scirocco II and Golf II.
.... no 2liter engines for our babies, sorry !

 memories ...
Opel GSi and Opel Manta...
the prototypes of your enemy on the road here ;-)
"wer Scheiße frißt und Popel kaut,
fährt auch das was Opel baut ! "

Dirk