Re: 2.0liter Scirocco's from the factory... in 89???? in US????

At 05:02 AM 2/25/99 , the-mad-bastard@home.com wrote:
>i think that your friend needs some clarification on the subject.  the
>2.0 was never offered in an A1 16V, just the A2.  furthermore (and i'll
>need some backup on this one) the 2.0 was never offered in europe.

	Hmmmm... well, I think we're all agreed on the fact that there were no 2.0
engines in A1 cars, unless the Cabby had it.

	I've lost all of my "Road Test Digests" from auto, motor und sport due to
friends who borrowed them without intent of returning.  I do, however,
think that the 2.0 was offered in the A2 cars in Germany.

	I had a rivalry with one kid in my school, because his mom had a GTI
Cabrio and my mom had an Opel Gsi Cabrio.  Golf (GTI) and Opel Kadett (GSi)
drivers were mortal enemies, but I do remember spanking his ass in a little
race once. :)  Anyways.....

	Opel had 2 versions of the GSi- the regular GSi and the GSi 16v.  The GSi
had a 2.0 8v 4-cylinder that made 115hp.  The 16v was a 2.0 16v that put
out 150hp.

	VW definitely also had two GTIs; the GTI and the GTI 16v.  I really,
really thought that the GTI was a 2.0 as well... but now that I think about
it, I'm not so sure.  This was back in 1992, so VW had already put Motronic
and the 2.0 16v in the US Cars, so it was already in production.

	I know the GTI 16v put out 140hp.  Now, whether that's the 1.8 or the 2.0,
I can't tell. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend in Germany I just
called to find out.

	.............. HEY DIRK!?!? Was glaubst Du?

		Jason