Re: Mk2 stuff in an Mk1?

Yah, I'll probably get picked apart for some of this stuff, but that in
itself, will help you to get more out of this post.  But if the wolfie
is a 1.8L than yep, the air flow sensor (should) be larger, the head has
bigger valves and by welding one oil passage shut you can slap it on
your car, or just take the whole engine and watch your 80 fly, bigger
windshield resovior, bigger rad (maybe), and other nick nacks, like
spare fuel injectors(if it's cis not cis-e).

--- David LeDeaux <dask@lcc.net> wrote:
> I just picked up a 1984 Wolfie as a donor car.  My friend and I went
> in
> halfies, he's gonna get the tranny, and I'm getting the engine...
what
> was wondering is, what else can I rob out of this thing?  I was
> wondering
> how hard it would be to stick in the distributor with all the little
> goodies, for example... Is there anything I should try and pull out
> for
> mods?... like is the air flow sensor larger in an 84 Wolfie than a 80
> Mk1?
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> 	-David LeDeaux
> '80 Scirocco
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9444/
> (Yes, I broke down and got one)

> If you experience other problems, email:
scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org

===
Scottish
'83 Rocco