Mk2 stuff in an Mk1?

I just picked up a 1984 Wolfie as a donor car.  My friend and I went in
halfies, he's gonna get the tranny, and I'm getting the engine... what I
was wondering is, what else can I rob out of this thing?  I was wondering
how hard it would be to stick in the distributor with all the little
goodies, for example... Is there anything I should try and pull out for
mods?... like is the air flow sensor larger in an 84 Wolfie than a 80 Mk1?

Any help is appreciated

	-David LeDeaux
'80 Scirocco
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9444/