Re: Catalytic converter/Turn signals

XBlueHen@aol.com wrote:

> I took my 78 in for inspection today......failed......emmisions were WAY under
> the limit, but there was no Cat on the car.  How much does a Cat cost, and how
> much might it cost me to have it installed?
>
> TIA!!
> Darin
> 78 Scirocco Turbo
> 95 Jetta

You should be able to get a good cat from Mike or Mark, our list member/
suppliers of choice. If not let me suggest the following;

Here is a link, in Berkeley Ca, that has cats for sale. I purchased a
cat from these guys waaaay back when I had my '77 and it was a great
product. If this is the same or better now ten years later I would be
very happy recommending it to you.

(Note, the new web pages haven't been put up so this is from the old
pages.)

http://www.wolfsport.com/joe/joe.htm#cat

                               CATALYTIC CONVERTER (ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT):
$150.00

                CONVERTIBLE 80-87
                RABBIT SEDAN / PICKUP 77-84
                SCIROCCO (8 VALVE) 77-86
                JETTA 80-84
                FOX 87-90

Since it's a weld on one end and three bolts with simple gaskets on the
other, in fact you might have a setup with the 3 bolt flange on each
end, you might either install it yourself or have a muffler shop slap it
in for cheap, say $25-40 or so.

hth,
TBerk