Catalytic converter/Turn signals

I took my 78 in for inspection today......failed......emmisions were WAY under
the limit, but there was no Cat on the car.  How much does a Cat cost, and how
much might it cost me to have it installed?  Also.....failed for
safety.....front turn signals were not bright enough.....they are fine when
the headlights/parking lights are off, but when on, the turn signal lights do
not flash brightly enough.    Any suggestions/advice??  Everything else on the
car was fine.....except front left brake, but that doesn't worry me......  I
NEED to have the car inspected by the end of the month, because it's getting
painted then....Any help is greatly appreciated!!  OH!!  I picked up some
teardrops today......much better looking than the "spidery" looking things
that were on it!!

TIA!!
Darin
78 Scirocco Turbo