Re: Wheelskins

I've done the same for my Saab and my Crown Vic... it's now one of the
cheapest and FIRST "mods" I do to any of my cars... nothing beats real leather
<grin>

Alas, the best price I've found as of yet if JC Whitney.... ya wanna talk
about the worst customer service on the planet? I order the one for the Crown
Vic, and each different size (OD of the wheel) has a different stock number. I
give them the correct stock # for a 15 inch wheel (via an email order.) It
takes them exactly ONE week to email me back telling me they need the OD of
the wheel. My complaint was two fold... why bother have a different stock #
for each size in that case, and two, it took the morons a whole WEEK to get
back to me. Plus, it takes about two weeks to get their shipment.

I'm spoiled, I guess, by Gall's (a police supply company). Ya call to get a
catalogue, and they USPS two-day it to your doorstep... and the same for their
regular shipping. I emailed their customer service for a part number for a
piece of a baton that I broke (whoops... hard heads).... and 24 hours later
they emailed me back, telling me that I can get it for free from the
manufacturer, and gave me their number.

Benjamin
New London, CT
93 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 164k miles
85 Saab 900 Turbo 224k miles (the AutoXer)
84 Volvo GLT Turbo Wagon 189k miles (4 sale)
78 AMC Gremlin 76k miles (don't ask)
Impending VW Scirocco 16v purchase :-)