RE: Stupid H&R spring question

It did make a big difference. With the full-length stops, there was hardly
any gap between the stop and the top of the insert so it was almost
constantly bouncing on the rubber.  I tried chopping it in half first and
then I tried with no stops at all - it makes an interesting noise
bottoming-out with no stops at all!

Cheers,

Ewan Hopkins.