Re: Collector car insurance

I talked to an insurance carrier about this for my old Alfa.  At least with
their company (can't remember which one), collector's insurance was like a
savings account.  You put money in monthly (like usual) and when you needed
to file a claim, whatever was the total amount of what you put in, is what
you had available to spend.  Seemed fishy to me, so I didn't look in much
further.  I don't know if this prevents the insurance company from totaling
your car, but it definitely let's them collect interest and investment gains
on your cash.

-Brad