Re: CA & OR emissions legal mods

Anthony Pelletier wrote:
> Shawn C Meze responded:
> > <bgsterling@earthlink.net> writes:
> >Specifically, some of the easier, less shop oriented  mods like:
> >hollowing the cat,
>
> Illegal!
>
> >replacing the cams,
>
> Illegal!
>
> >airbox drilling,
>
> Illegal!
>
> You can install a K&N filter.  :)
>
> Boy you guys in CA cant have any fun
> let me check my list
> cams----yup
> cat---no way in hell those a1 cats are too shitty
> drilled air box---yep I can check my filter while the car is on the
>                         lift
> so what can you guys out there do?
>
> gotta love the air research board : (
>
> Tony

So what do we do?

Hollow Cat? Nope, just get a bigger one.

Cams? Yep, just limited to some kind of stock or after market certified.

Drilled air box? Kinda don't care, but if you must, there are stealthy
ways. ;)

Basically the answer to smog restrictions is build a big ol' honkin
motor that runs as clean as can be and don't answer no questions you
weren't asked.

TBerk
If it runs clean you might well pass with all kinds of crazy stuff.