Re: Nut Size

Christopher Grossi wrote:

>     No this is not a perverted question as the subject may look like :).
> I am going to make an attempt at changing my front wheel bearing
> tomorrow and probably by the looks of the size of the thing need to buy
> a socket to get the nut in the middle of the rotor that holds the rotor
> on, off. Does anyone happen to know off hand what size the thing is?
> Also I am not sure if allen wrenches have sizes or not, but does anyone
> happen to know the size of the allen wrench bolts that hold the caliper
> on? I will probably need to take that off also to do this project.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Early model Bentley says:

Use a 15 mm allen wrench, don't make due with an SAE size- it will not
fit well enough to prevent stripping.

As for the socket, I recommend getting it in a 3/4 inch or larger drive
and a same size breaker bar. Do not expect to use a ratchet on the
thing, it will be subject to a large amount of stress.

The socket size is 30 mm.

hth,
TBerk