Re: Nut Size

In a message dated 3/19/99 22:42:27, cgrossi@dwc.edu writes:

<< Does anyone happen to know off hand what size the thing is?

30mm

Also I am not sure if allen wrenches have sizes or not,

of course they do!

 but does anyone
happen to know the size of the allen wrench bolts that hold the caliper

mine have screws so I couldnt say. However, if you get 4, 5, and 6mm wrenches
you should have it covered.

on? I will probably need to take that off also to do this project.>>

Changing wheel berrings somtimes reqiires some sort of small press to get the
tie rod ends out and of course a large press to swap berrings. your best bet
is to remove the entire knuckle and strut assembly as a whole (so as not to
disturb your alignment) then take them and your new berring(s) to a shop and
have them pressed (about $20 a side max).
HTH

Nate