Interiors? and other ramblings

In light that spring is knocking at my front door, I have been thinking
about my scirocco and the long journey which awaits her and myself.  I am
definitely searching for a 16V parts car.  I would feel terrible to tear
apart a salvageable 16V Scirocco, so don't fret, I'm trying to be nice and
keep all the Scirocco's alive.

When I do find the right Scirocco 16V, I was thinking, could I swap the
interior into my 81.  I mean, right from the dashboard to the door panels
to the rear door panels to the rear shelf.  How about the carpets?  What
else could I use.  Would the body kit fit?

I first plan to strip the Scirocco and get the body painted.  Once that
this is done, I plan on swapping a 16V into my baby.  I was under the
impression that a 16V would fit in my 81 Scirocco.  However, I was told by
someone that it wouldn't.  I don't think that I'm wrong (who ever thinks
that they're wrong), but maybe someone can confirm this for me.  Simply,
the fellow said that the 16V is a tall block and that some sort of mod
would be needed to fit that sucker in there.

And finally, should I persist on finding a 16V from a Scirocco or should I
be content with a 16V from a GTi.  I have the opportunity to purchase a
Golf 16V with the air filter on the passenger side.  I am also considering
(as another option) getting a 16V motor from  a Passat and then buying the
rest of the parts needed to make up a 16V from a Scirocco.  For example, I
would need the intake and exhaust manifolds, or whatever else.........

Any help would be appreciated and if someone has a car which can help me
out, please inform me.  I live in Toronto but I don't mind to drive (that's
why I bought a VW).

TTYL

Sal

-It's only wrong if you get caught.   -JMK

-We are all prostitutes.   -Me