Re: Before I drive it off the cliff....

Geordy,
	I have a Mk2 16v, but I'm pretty sure the systems are similar.  Its'
probably either your fuel pump relay, or the wire from the distributor that
tells the relay that the car is running, and to switch the pumps on.  I
would throw a new relay in first, just to see if it works.  My guess is
that it will.
	Check the thin wires coming out of your ignition coil.  One of those goes
to the fuel pump relay, telling it that the car has started.  Unplug the
wires and then plug them back in (one at a time), and see if that helps.

	Good luck,
	Jason