Re: difference in lenses?

In a message dated 3/15/99 2:14:49 AM EST, kevinc@flashcom.net writes:

> > The difference between the american and european turn signal is that the
>  > euro signal is rounded off to create a smoother corner and follow the
>  > contour of the body, while the american version is prcatically at a right
>  > angle.
>
>  And I believe the reason for this is that the US light has a side marker
>  light in it, whereas the euro does not.... somebody correct me if I'm
wrong.

the side marker you talk of is actually in the lens itself.  the US lights
have three wires going to the light, ground, parking light and turn indicator.
The euro ones only have parking light and ground (that's why euro rocco's have
side markers).  You can fit the US light fixture in the euro TS, but you have
to dremel a small plastic tab off of the euro TS to make the US light fixture
fit.  The bulbs in the US TS are dual filament.

HTH,
Stew