Re: Stupid H&R spring question

---A1SCIROCCO@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone here have h&r springs?  If so do they lower your scirocco enough that
> the top of the tire is flush with the wheel arch?  Im not talking tucked just
> enough room to fit a finger between the tire and the arch.  If it doesnt
> would you advise against cutting a dead coil off to achieve this type of
> drop.
>
> Thanks, Matt
> 84 8v

Yup, I got me o'set o those pesky h-n-hair sprins!

Anyway, yeah.  They seem to lower the front my 16v to a fingerish+ height
from the tire.  My 205/45's are a tiny bit taller then stock though so
YMMV.  I've heard of people cutting a dead coil from them, should work.
Since this a permanant kinda modification, you might want to install
them uncut first, drive on them for a bit, then make your decision.

Did you know that after you take the engine out of the car the front
leaps up off the tires about 3 - 4 inches?  Looks like a highrider. :)

==Brett