Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:51:25 EST
From: XBlueHen@aol.com <mailto:XBlueHen@aol.com>
Subject: Fan not turning on...Timing cover

After many months of cleaning up my 78, I started it for the first time the
other day. It started on the third try.....and purred like a kitten!!  I was
so excited to hear it again! Things done over the winter include:
New wiper motor
New horn
Painted all interior panels black
Removed all carpet (it was shot!!)
Removed rear seat (not needed for racing)
Painted entire interior (floors) with POR-15, then Rhino-Liner
New thermoswitch
New injector O-rings
Removed AC and added new non-AC alternator pulley and belt
All new hoses/valve cover gasket
New rocker panels (Rabbit panels modded to fit)

It will have new struts and bushings in the next few weeks, and new floors
as
well (modded Rabbit pans).

The problem I'm having right now  is that the fan is not turning on after
engine heats up.  I've replaced the thermoswitch, so it's not
that.......maybe
the wiring???  I'm debating on wiring up a new circuit, but wanted to get
any
opinions before screwing with it.  One other Q I have is.......Is it bad to
not replace the timing cover??  I can't get mine back on properly, I think
I've lost a part or two.....I'm guessing it's only there for safety
purposes,
and all movable wiring under my hood has been secured.

TIA!!

Darin
78 Scirocco Turbo

- --