Re: 16V springs into a Mk1?

> From: "Steven Roth" <s-roth@worldnet.att.net>
> Subject: 16V springs into a Mk1?

 Has anyone ever tried to install 16V Scirocco springs into a Mk1 =
> Scirocco?  Are the upper spring caps different, are the upper strut =
> bearings different?  Do you need to use the 16V strut tubes?  Any help =
> would be apprecited. The 16V spring diameter decreases at the top of the =
> spring unlike non-16V springs.  I'm wondering if this will cause a =
> problem when the spring is used in my '78 struts. TIA STeve

    The only thing you would have to change is the front upper
spring cap, which is the smaller diameter on all Rocco's after about
79.  The car will sit higher though, unless maybe if you have a 16v
motor and some more weight in the rear.  Oh yeah, the strut
bearings are the same and the strut housings will work with either
spring.

 have a Rocc'n day!
    - Noo ha ha
noah@newdimensions.com