Re: flywheels?

In a message dated 3/12/99 11:39:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jkarlsso@metabolex.com writes:

> My question. How much is a new flywheel? I was also thinking about
>  getting a lightened one, and now might be the perfect time to get it.

I would go for a stock flywheel(say from Mike or Mark) and then take it to a
good shop to have it lightened and balanced.  Make sure they have done VW's
before.  I did this recently and the shop took off about 5 lbs. off my
190mm(total weight is 10 lbs. now), the charge was $75 for the service.

GL.
-dick wong-