RE: I'm pissed, gotta vent

> I had heard they were discussing that new law but hadn't heard if it had
> somehow gone thru. that's the dumbest law they've come up with in quite a
> while, right next to STOP at all the school buses with red flashing
> lights.

wait, so you don't stop at school buses that are unloading kids??  in NC
it's the law, always stop at school buses with blinking lights.  personally
i think it's a great idea since kids sometimes dart across the road.

> Do you realize if you obeyed that law, you would never get home if you
> were a commuter? if you gave 2 car lengths, somebody would constantly be
> pulling in front of you. You'd be parked! LOL!! I see nothing but humor
> in all of it. What-ever

actually, 3 seconds at 40mph is 176 feet.  imagine that!  normal inner city
driving would never be the same...  and at 65mph it's 286 feet.  so at legal
highway speeds, you could almost fit a football field between the cars.
.when i took driver's ed in NC it was the two second rule.  but i see cops
violating that ALL the time, one time a cop got so close to my rear bumper i
couldn't see his headlights.  i'm talkin less than one car length at almost
70mph.  so if i tapped the brakes and he hit me, whose fault would that be?

chris
86 16V scirocco