Suspension shot.

I finally got a new exhaust on my new scirocco ('85) and found out that they
couldn't inspect the thing becuase the front suspension is gone. He brought
me out and showed me. Ouch. Both struts are gone, both strut pads are gone,
the drivers side coil spring is broken, and the drivers side tie rods are
gone. Anybody have an idea of how much this should run? They (Midas) quoted
me $500. Does this seem high, or reasonable? Thanks for your info.   -Rob