Re: Upgrading to Vented Rotors Questions

Your car already has vented rotors.  There is no upgrade going on here.  If
you need to replace your rotors, the next upgrade I would suggest is a set
of ATE grooved rotors (not much more $ than stock), and a set of Ferodo
street pads.  That's a reasonably priced upgrade.

jim

Stormer wrote:

> I have a pretty much stock 85 Scirocco Wolfsburg.
> I was browsing through www.germanautoparts.com in the perforamance parts
> section and i saw a vented rotor upgrade set for A1 & A2 VW's.
> This is the actual listing:
> Vented rotor kit - upgrade your brakes for less fade. Includes two new
> OEM German vented rotors and a set of Pagid brake pads, for Rabbit and
> Jetta1 '80 and up with Kelsey-Hayes (no pins) calipers, and all Golf2
> and Jetta2 without vented rotors. $79.00.
>
> -Will this work to upgrade a stock 85 rocco? Is there anything i should
> know about before i start and what are your opinions, is this a worth
> while upgarde..?
>
> I am not doing this immediatly, but i know i am due for new brake pads
> so, when i  do that i might as well do the upgrade...
> -Opinions?.
>
> -Tom Stormer
> '85 Rocco Wolfsburg

Jim Buck,