Re: I'm pissed, gotta vent

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:21:54 EST, you wrote:

>I once heard that back in the early 80's if you were going to slow in the fast
>lane on the Autobans, that it was not uncommon to get a little nudge from the
>car behind you, has anyone heard of this being true?

Never experienced this (and doubt it happened on purpose) in many
thousands of autobahn kilometers.  Light flashing was always big..
especially effective if the pursuer had 2 or 3 pairs of
"flamethrowers" on the front bumper.  Drafting technique is often of
NASCAR quality among several cars doing 180k + in the third lane.
Mostly the Germans seem to observe a "pecking order" starting with S
class MBs near the top and Fiat Pandas close to the bottom, and move
over accordingly.  The more polite form of "move over, Arschloch"
appears to be turning on the left turn signal.

Gordon
75Mk1/Drake 1.9 8V