Idle Air Stabilator Valve

This is what is happening, I have perfect Idle around 900 rpms all of the
time.  But when I put the A/C on the idle goes to 1,800-2,000 rpm.  So what I
did was I disconnected the harness from the I.A.S. Valve and the idle drops
down to where it should be at around 1,000.  But when I shut the A/C off the
Idle starts bouncing up and down quite rhythmically. So I reconnect the
harness and it idles back to normal but when I put the A/C on, well you get
the picture. I don't think the valve is bad because it works without the A/C
on, am I right?  So what do you's think could be wrong? I've heard some are
cleaning the valves but how, and what do I use to clean it out.  Thanks
everyone for any input in advance.

Brian 86 16v