Re: Wheel noise

In a message dated 3/7/99 12:44:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, vwpride@mixi.net
writes:

<< I think you need to have the new race pressed into the hub, but that's it.
Not too
 tough.  Many auto parts stores will do this for a couple of bucks.

I've got a tool for hammering bearing races in.  I've used it on my car now
twice with no problems.  It has a bunch of different sized inserts for the
race to pound it in.  I got it at pepboys.  As for taking the race out, you
just need a little TAP and just keep hammering it round & round till its out.
dan may
8716VScirocco
91passat