Re: stalls after you stop.

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:33:45 EST Ren239@aol.com writes:
>   Let me start off by saying scirocco's rock!!  Anyway I have a 8v that
when
>you first start it, it runs fine.  But when it gets warm it alway stalls
after
>you stop.  I have to keep pressing the gas to keep it running, which is
really
>hard when your trying to hit the brakes to stop.  I know it could be a
number
>of things, but has anybody had this problem before and can you help me.

Its one of a few things possible.
Your Auxiliary Air Regular could be stuck.

Remove it and use choke cleaner inside it to clean it out and free it up.
It might be bad and simply need replacing but a good cleaning never hurt
anything.

The ignition timming could have changed. Either a slipped belt or a loose
distributor could be at fault.

You might just need to increase the idle speed. If the car ran fine
before, something changed it to make it stall out like it now does. I
wouldn't adjust the idle until the other things have been checked out
first. HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and