Wheel noise

Last night I mangaed to spin my car and hit a curb pretty hard with the
passenger side rear tire getting the brunt of the force.  The front
passenger side tire also hit the curb but not quite as hard.  I put a
nice crack and bend in the rear wheel and scraped up the front wheel.
The car was still drivable but when driving it,I now hear a steady
helicopter like noise.  I attributed it to the bent rim on the rear but I
changed that wheel and put on one of my old teardrops and the noise is
still there.  Any ideas what it could be?  I took a look underneath the
car and didn't really notice anything but then I'm not too sure what I'd
be looking for.  My alignment is also off now.  I have to hold the wheel
about 20 degrees to the left to keep the car straight. Can a wheel bearing
be destroyed by hitting the curb?  If not, what should I look at?

Thanks,

Rich Deede
University Of Delaware (Communications)
1987 Scirocco 16v