Fwd: Faintly glowing battery and oxs lights

---- Begin included message ----
Same thing happened to me a few years ago, On my way home from school 300
miles I saw those two lights start to glow faintly,  the rest of the way home.
Next day they were brighter and the day after that they were on full bright.
Well, on this day on the way home from a buddy's house I notice my a/c blower
seem to be going real slow, then the radio shut of, then the tach was reading
about 2,000 rpm low at cruise speed so I'm saying WTF then the engine started
cutting out on accelerating so I'm beginning to $h!t my pants because I didn't
know if I was going to make it home.  I was about 5 houses from my house and
the engine stalled and would not restart.  Called up my mechanic friend and he
said to check the Voltage Regulator.  I pulled it off and all the brushes were
worn off so he said to replace it and I did.  Charged up the battery and rocco
has been fine since then. Voltage regulator was like 30.00 bucks or something.

Brian 86 16v
---- End included message ----