Re: passenger side mount

Joshua Strait wrote:

> I think I need to replace my passenger side engine mount.  Has anyone
> tried the hacksaw/oven/freezer/hammer method outlined in the VW FAQs?
> is it worth the trouble or should I just find a new bracket?  Does
> anybody have one?  What do I need to pull apart to make the mount
> removal the easiest?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Josh
> '88 Scirocco 16v

IMO, it's not worth trying to press it in yourself,  I got a local
machine shop to press my new mount in for $15.  Just look in your
yellow pages and call a few places.  Or you can get a new mount that
is pressed into a bracket already from the Potterman. I bought a new
mount and bracket when i did it, a good thing too, cause the ring
on the old bracket was bent.

Etrik