Re: Big Valve head on a 1.7L?

Dave Novak wrote:

> >I've been told that all that really needs to be done is weld shut one
> or more
> >of the water holes. I know the big one on the front needs to be sealed
> but I'm
> >not sure if there are others. I think TT does this on some of their
> heads . .
> >. . or maybe it was Autotech? Anyhow, it's posible.
>
> Ok, even if it's possible, would going with the 1.8 block give any huge
> advantages over sticking with the 1.7?
>
> -Dave
> '81 Scirocco 1.7 (aCk! it's slow!)

Take your time and do it right.

Either get an 1.8L or go whole hog and put the same head on a 2.0 liter
block. The 1.7 won't get you too much more if you are looking for
swapping everything else out.

I was lucky enough to run across an '84 GTI that was worn but strong.
Makes for good donor material.

gl,
TBerk