Re: 0-60 times for 1.7 and 1.8 MK1 'rocco's

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 22:23:25 -0800 "Kris Rayner" <veritech@fix.net>
writes:
>I'm wondering how the 0-60 times compare between a 1.7 and 1.8
>in a MK1 'rocco.  My B&P 1.7L runs strong, but I've never been
>able to count reliably while accelerating ;) and there's another mars
>red '81 S in the next town over that I'm hoping to come up next to
>someday, but he has the 1.8L  Both of us are on 185/60-14's, but
>I'm running Yok 509's on Ronal R8's while he's on Yok AVS
>intermediates on teardrops.  Both of our cars our lowered but I'm
>not sure what he's done to his car exactly.  Who do you think
>should come out on top at a stop light?

B&P??

Wheels wont make much of a difference. Displacement is everything and the
bigger valves that he has will definately hurt your chances.
1.8L wins if your both completley stock. Comparatively speaking, your
looking at 75 hp while he has 90. You would need to come up with and
exceed 15hp to beat him. Unless he cant drive of course.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and