Re: drive flange seal

On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 23:09:49 -0800 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:

>What if you've got the tranny tilted up on one side?
>Would it spill out the speedo hole or some were else?

If you have the tranny out of the car, it will run out of the spedo hole
if you have it standing on the 5th gear cone. Ive changed the flange
seals on 2 trannies without spilling a drop... well, maybe a few drops
from the seal itself to be accurate.
If your gonna change the seals in the car, I would imagine the car is up
on 2, count em 2 jack stands and the car is fairly level. Thats how ive
done em. Ive drained the fluid before each one just because, however ive
also done the flange seals (and diff kits) witout doing it and you get a
little fluid from the seal area but not alot. I guess it depends on how
much fluid you gots in der to begun wid.

>Am I spurting out dribble?
>
>tia,
>TBerk

Uh... no comment!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and