0-60 times for 1.7 and 1.8 MK1 'rocco's

I'm wondering how the 0-60 times compare between a 1.7 and 1.8
in a MK1 'rocco.  My B&P 1.7L runs strong, but I've never been
able to count reliably while accelerating ;) and there's another mars
red '81 S in the next town over that I'm hoping to come up next to
someday, but he has the 1.8L  Both of us are on 185/60-14's, but
I'm running Yok 509's on Ronal R8's while he's on Yok AVS
intermediates on teardrops.  Both of our cars our lowered but I'm
not sure what he's done to his car exactly.  Who do you think
should come out on top at a stop light?
                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm