Re: Road grime !!!!!

> "Verne Harris (Fnugen)" wrote:
>
> Hey everyone. I washed the car the other day at a "foaming brush"
> establishment, but noticed afterward that I have an amount of road
> grime on each side mid level and down. I don't recall ever getting
> this one any of my other cars. I know it's not a Roc only thing, but
> how do I get it off?? The paint is still under a year old....so I
> really don't want to use harsh chemicals............it seems somewhat
> thick and even "gooey", so it doesn't seem like a cloth would wash it
> away easily either. Is there anything that is made to get this sorta
> CRAP off of paint ??  Or am I in for an elbow aching handscrub
> washjob? (not like that is a problem)
>
>        Verne :

3M makes a good bug and tar remover, but it's strong stuff. I'm thinking
your year old paint is cured by now but I'd avoid using it on something
that was only a month or two.

It evaporates fast so you can only use it in a small area at a time.

Simple Green is very effective in removing gunk, but it don't always get
everything.

Don't forget that most things that get the gunk off are stripping the
protective wax layer as well. Spot some good carnuba wax after a degunk
job.

$0.02,
TBerk