Re: Road grime !!!!!

I've got the same problem with some tar from
last summer on the quarter panels.  Anyone
have any recommendations for removal?  Hot water
and a pressure sprayer didn't work.  I'm not
too worried about the paint, its going to be
redone in the spring/summer.

Thanks,

Lee Crawford
84 VW 'rocco 8v Silver w/Tar

---"Verne Harris (Fnugen)" <vwman@skyia.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone. I washed the car the other day at a "foaming brush"
establishment, but noticed afterward that I have an amount of road
grime on each side mid level and down. I don't recall ever getting
this one any of my other cars. I know it's not a Roc only thing, but
how do I get it off?? The paint is still under a year old....so I
really don't want to use harsh chemicals............it seems somewhat
thick and even "gooey", so it doesn't seem like a cloth would wash it
away easily either. Is there anything that is made to get this sorta
CRAP off of paint ??  Or am I in for an elbow aching handscrub
washjob? (not like that is a problem)

>        Verne :
>      1984 Wolfsburg 8v Roc
>      1997 Norco Lobos Comp (FS)