Scirocco look alike

Today I just realized the only motivating factor for me to get up and go to
class is that I get to drive the rocco. To me the Scirocco is one of the most
unique looking cars on the road. If I am not mistaken, I think the body was
desgined by an Italian by the name of ??? Anyway, there are two cars which I
think look similar to our cars.  The Audi coupe GT and the Izuzu something,
(the one that says "tuned by Lotus" on the side) My question is does anyone
know if the guy who designed our car was the same designer for these cars? And
did he design any others, Corrado maybe?
Pondering
Brian 86 16v